To book a class, click on any date to take you to a description, menu and pricing per person.
Cooking class packages!
Take 3 classes for $220 (saving $20) or 5 classes for $350 (saving $50). Packages are for 1 person only. Exceptions apply.
Must be used within a year of purchase. One discount per customer.
This cannot be used with any other promotion.
Classes must be used per person, NO exceptions. No refunds on any purchased tickets.
Questions? Call us at (818) 760-5157 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOK LA (Young Chefs) Kids/Teen Classes are listed in GREEN.
Looking for something for your kids or teens to do during their time off of school? If you would like to find out about private classes, please call for details.
Summer Cooking Camps 2017 (ages 8-14) start in June through August.
Also, check out our classes during the school year and holidays. If you have 10 kids/teens and would like to set up a private class, please call us for pricing and date availability.
Kids/Teen SUMMER Cooking Camp Basics (ages 8-14)
* 100% hands on for students
Each class is set for 3 hours each day (10am-1pm) and includes a complete meal that they prepare in class. All recipes from class will be emailed or passed out in class. Regular price for 5 days is $395.00.
1. Getting started in the Kitchen - Perfect for any beginning cook starting to make home meals for themselves. Learn to roast, sautee, blanch vegetables and make a vinaigrette.
2. Knife Skills 101- How to dice, mince, chop, chiffonade and learn about different cutting boards. Knife safety and handling techniques. Steeling/honing and sharpening knives.
3. Basic Sauces - basic pan sauce, bechamel, coulis plus sauces for fresh pasta making.
4. Baking - learn the essentials of baking
5. many more skills and techniques in every class.
Each class incorporates a 3-4 course meal or food which will be prepared with ingredients from the days class lesson.
We provide chaperoned “valet” drop-off and pick-up outside in the courtyard. Please walk your child in on the first day of camp. A COOK LA Chef will be outside 5 minutes before and after camp begins and ends, eliminating the need for parents to park and walk their child in.
Our kitchen facility is a venue with sharp knives, hot stoves and ovens. Everyone in class must listen to all the chefs and follow instructions and directions. We all work as a group and if everyone listens the chefs instructions, no one will get hurt.
• Our camps are fully hands-on culinary experiences with maximum class size of up to 15-25 chefs (we have 2 classrooms on site) and a culinary coach to kid-chef ratio averaging 1:6.
• Camps are taught by professionally trained chefs and culinary coaches or classroom educators.
• Each session includes all the fresh ingredients, recipe book, and a Kitchen Kid apron.
• Campers will make and eat their lunch during camp each day. If desired, please pack a water or juice bottle and snack.
• Campers must wear close-toed shoes (safety first!) and hair must be tied back while preparing food.
• Please be aware that we do not have before or after care available for campers. Plan to drop-off no sooner than 10 minutes before camp start time and pick-up no later than 10 minutes after the conclusion of camp.
• Though we do not cook with nuts, we can’t guarantee that the facility is 100% nut-free. We are generally able to accommodate campers with common allergies and dietary restrictions. Please contact us with specific questions or concerns.
Celebrity Inspired recipes from FOOD NETWORK CHEF SERIES
Day 1 – BOBBY FLAY or RACHAEL RAY
Day 2 – GIADA DE LAURENTIS or WOLFGANG PUCK
Day 3 – GORDON RAMSAY or RICK BAYLISS
Day 4 – PAULA DEEN or JAMIE OLIVER
Day 5 – Iron Chef challenge competition (teams compete with mystery ingredients to make a 3 course meal from this week’s techniques and skills taught in class)
Date: Monday, August 7
Restrictions: All Skill levels welcome. Please let COOK LA know about any food allergies a week prior to the class. Must wear closed toed shoes for classes, camps and/or parties; no flip flops.
Seats Available: Sold Out
Interested in this class? Sign up for our wish list and be the first to know if a space opens. Signup »