I acknowledge that I have carefully read, fully understand, and accept the terms and conditions of this notice by visiting Cook LA online or registering for a Cook LA event.
Big and Lil' Cooks Policies -
Birthday Parties & Special Events
- The first step is to wear the right outfit! Please dress appropriately in comfortable clothes that can get messy, as well as closed toed shoes; no flip flops (highly recommended). We provide aprons during class sessions or you can bring your own.
- Classes are held at our COOK LA kitchen studio at 10938 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604.
- REGISTRATION - You may register for an event online or by phone at 818-760-5157. Early registration is strongly encouraged as classes fill up quickly. When a class becomes full, please click the wait list button to be added to the waiting list. If an opening becomes available, you will be contacted by phone.
- Registration details and a signed waiver must be completed by the start of all classes and events.
- Because class size is limited, payment must accompany class registration. Payment must be made prior to event via Pay pal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or cash.
- REFUNDS AND RESCHEDULING - Each class has a non-refundable fee -- Check your dates carefully before registering!
- *If you need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so as long as it is up to 3 days before the class. A class credit for a future class will only be issued if cancellation occurs at least 3 days prior to the class. If you cancel or do not show up to the class, you will be given a credit to a future class with a rescheduling fee of $25 per ticket. You must send in a check in order to be rescheduled for any future classes. Rescheduling can only be done once after the initial class date chosen.
- **If you are registered for a class and do not show up to a class, then that class is a used ticket.
- Gift certificates also use the same policies for no shows or cancellations. Thank you.
- Cook LA reserves the right to cancel or modify a class or private event for any reason, including but not limited to insufficient enrollment or instructor illness. If there is insufficient enrollment, individuals will be contacted and either a full refund or a credit towards another class will be issued. If a student/client in any class is disrupting the teaching/cooking process (includes texting, talking over chef instructions, not paying attention to basic knife skills), all chef instructors will stop the class/event immediately and full payment is still required.
1. Any rental of the space for a private party must leave a non-refundable deposit of 50% to securely hold the desired date/time and the balance must be paid in full at the end of the scheduled party time. If the party goes over the scheduled rental time the client will be charged an additional time at $50.00 per half hour without pro-rating.
2. Gratuity.An 18% gratuity will be automatically added to the total of the party unless stated otherwise. Any additional gratuity is appreciated.
3. Damage and cleaning.
- Early booking is strongly encouraged as dates fill up quickly. However, we are always willing to work with you on short notice to make your event a huge success.
- To book a party or special event, contact us by phone at 818-760-5157.
- A non-refundable deposit is due to reserve the date and time for your event. Checks and cash are accepted. Should you need to change the date of your event, we will do our best to accommodate, however depending on the notice given, a second deposit may be required.
- Registration details and a signed waiver must be completed by the start of the event.
- Please be considerate to the other students in the class/birthday event. Do not send your child to class if they are sick.
- Your balance is due in full at the beginning of your event.
- "Drop off" events/classes are just that. If necessary, one adult per child is permitted to stay in the designated patio area on premise.
- Cook LA reserves the right to cancel or modify an event for any reason. If this occurs, individuals will be contacted and a full refund will be issued.
All private party renters and their guests must comply with all of the policies and procedures of Cook LA, as set forth herein. The policies and procedures, and agreement may be amended at Cook LA’s sole discretion.
Any excessive damage done to Cook LA’s facility or property shall be billed to the client for either replacement or repair.
a. Any excessive mess (at the determination of the staff) done by children or adults resulting in extra cleaning of Cook LA and its property shall be charged an additional cleaning fee of $150.00 which is not refundable.
b. Any additional damage to the facility and its contents/property shall be charged accordingly.
While Cook LA cleans and sanitizes its property, and bathrooms on a daily basis all guest must insure that they dispose of waste materials such as diapers, paper towels and, trash in the correct receptacles provided by Cook LA.
4. Personal Property. Cook LA is not responsible for the clients or their guest’s personal property. It is the sole responsibility of each person entering the facility to be responsible for all belongings unless otherwise pre-arranged with the club and/or its staff. Under no circumstances will Cook LA take responsibility for any lost, missing or stolen property personal or otherwise.
5. Safety. Parents of children of the invited guest are completely responsible for the well being and behavior of their minor while on the premises of Cook LA.
6. Conduct. Any child or adult during the duration of the party is found to be destructive and/or abusive to the facility and/or instructors will be asked to leave the premises.
7. Cancellations for Private events:
14 - 21 days prior to reservation = loss of deposit
Less than 14 days - $125.00 cancellation fee + loss of deposit
Less than 7 days – full cost of party
• A non-refundable deposit is due to reserve the date and time for your event. Checks and cash are accepted. Should you need to change the date of your event, we will do our best to accommodate, however depending on the notice given, a second deposit may be required.
• Registration details and a signed waiver must be completed by the start of the event.
• Please be considerate to the other students in the class/birthday event. Do not send your child to class if they are sick.
• Your balance is due in full at the beginning of your event.
• "Drop off" events/classes are just that. If necessary, one adult per child is permitted to stay in the designated patio area on premises.
• Cook LA reserves the right to cancel or modify an event for any reason. If this occurs, individuals will be contacted and a full refund will be issued.
Online Checkout Policies:
Your payment information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Software is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that this information cannot be read over the Internet.
Assumption of Risk, Release, Waiver and Indemnification:
We want to ensure that everyone who participates in COOK LA has an event that is a safe and enjoyable experience, so please review the following information.
- I confirm that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child/children named on this online order and I have the right and authority to agree to the terms herein. If I am the child's caregiver, I assert that I have the right and ability to waive all rights and legal claims against Cook LA on behalf of the above mentioned child.
- I hereby acknowledge, agree and accept the risk of injury and illness inherent in any physical activity and/or program, including particularly, the programs and events offered by Cook LA These risks may include, but are not limited to, cuts, falls, burns, allergic reactions and other risks associated with preparing and consuming food. As such, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Cook LA, its owners, affiliates, agents, employees, contractors and teachers, from any and all injuries, illnesses, medical conditions, damages, claims, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including attorneys' fees and court costs resulting from my, my child's, or caregiver's participation in a program or presence at a Cook LA event. The maximum liability of Cook LA and the covered parties to client or to any third-party, in the aggregate, under any and all circumstances will be equal to any fees that the client have paid to Cook LA for the service.
- This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the State of California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (without regard to conflict of law principles). Should a dispute arise concerning the terms and conditions of this Agreement or the breach of same by either party hereto, the parties agree to submit their dispute for resolution by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing herein shall be construed to preclude any party from seeking injunctive relief in order to protect its rights pending an outcome in arbitration.
- I understand that photos may be taken of my child/children and me during Cook LA events and that any photographs taken by Cook LA agents are the property and exclusive copyright of Cook LA. I expressly agree that these photos can be used for archival and publicity purposes and that no compensation will be given to me, my child/children, and caregivers for the use of these photographs.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read, fully understand, and accept the terms and conditions of this notice by visiting Cook LA online, registering for a Cook LA event, or purchasing items from the Cook LA online store.